Re: ssh problems

On Jul 10, Larry Hall wrote:

> Eli, please send all replies to the list only.  That is why I set my
> "Reply-To" to point to the Cygwin list.  There's no need to force a
> reply to me directly as I read the list as much as I do my personal
> email.  Sometimes more. ;-)

Sorry, that was unintended.  (Not using my sual conf.)

> [...]  Then there's always running sshd as the user you want to run
> the builds.  This should eliminate any authentication problems but
> it does limit the usefulness of sshd since it's now affectively a
> one-person service, though you could certainly run two sshds, with
> this "special" sshd running on a different port.

I will probably try that.

(BTW, is there cron-like functionality that can behave as different
users?  Something that can be used to start sshd if the macine
reboots.)

> But I think it's fair to say that the detailed information you've
> provided so far on this issue is quite limited.  [...]

I know -- the thing is that I only got that stupid error message,
uninformative to the point that it took me several hours to focus on
ssh-related permission.  I'll try to see if I can get some more
information when I'm back in my office, but I'm not too optimistic...