Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: ncurses-5.4-2, libncurses8-5.4-2, libncurses-devel-5.4-2, ncurses-demo-5.4-2

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005, Larry Hall wrote:

> At 10:58 PM 7/10/2005, you wrote:
> >One of these packages seems to be giving me grief. I keep getting
> >"Download Incomplete.  Try again?" when I try to include them using
> >setup version 2.457.2.2 and the mirros site ftp://gnu.kookel.org.
> >
> >I try to install everything. My cygcheck. -s -v -r output is attached.
> >I'm getting the following error when I run cygcheck:
> >
> >cygcheck: dump_sysinfo: GetVolumeInformation() failed: 31
>
> That could be the problem:
>
> #net helpmsg 31
>
> A device attached to the system is not functioning.
>
> Seems like you have a hardware problem that could be getting in the
> way.

Or it could just be a stale entry for a memory key or some other removable
device...  I'm not sure it's relevant.

Setup reports "Download Incomplete" if the size of the downloaded package
doesn't correspond to the size reported in setup.ini.  Check
/var/log/setup.log.full to see whether that was the error.  If that's the
case, check the size on the mirror -- the mirror you use may be faulty,
and you'll need to try another one.  If the mirror is ok, try turning off
IE5 settings -- the caching may be throwing setup off.  In any case, you
can add a secondary mirror (use Ctrl-click in the mirror selection dialog)
for situations like this.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/