Re: How can I add a library in cygwin?

Jason wrote:

> I setup the cygwin in mycomputer,and want to compile "vcdimager" ,after
> configure, I got a error "required libcdio library not found".
>
> Then I reinstalled my cygwin,but "libcdio" not found in list.
>
> I download the source of libcdio from website,how can I add it in my cygwin ?

Very few Linux/unix packages install correctly from source on Cygwin
without tweaking. If you are lucky all that is required is unpacking
of the source code, changing directory into the top level directory
and doing:

    ./configure
    make
    make install

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam@mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"    Baldie is such a wonderful villain
The Linux/OSS community could not possibly ask for a better villain than
our man Baldie. He is absolutely perfect for the part. Just look at his
creds: 1) Physically repulsive; 2) Morally bankrupt; 3) Megalomaniacal;
4) Possessed of a truly nasty, abusive disposition; 5) Prone to Hitlerian
ranting; 6) Stalinesque paranoia... The list just goes on and on. The man
has the gift of true despicability, no doubt about it. If it weren't for
Baldie we'd be stuck with Bilgatus' merely vacuuous and creepy persona
for an anthropomorphization of the Evil Empire -- tepid at best."
  -- Matthew Alton in LinuxToday.com on Steve Balmer