Re: Unwanted .exe appended to symlinks

fergus wrote:
I admit it's my fault for meddling but it's not that daft an activity to
have pursued, and certainly
	ln -s /cygdrive/c /c
must be a fairly common solution to an annoying problem (that of having
to write a lot).

It would seem to me that this would be better done via mount than ln (and would closer parallel other Unicies as well).

If you want to be able to access the drive under different conditions (-x or -X would seem be the most likely culprit here), add a new mount for the drive (this is what I usually do, even though the settings usually aren't any different from '/cygdrive's). Otherwise, just remount /cygdrive.