RE: Cygwin doesn't recognize the Canadian French keyboard

In Xterm, running bash, the result is:

$ echo \351
e		(e acute is displayed correctly)

$ bind -v | grep meta
set convert-meta off
set input-meta off
set meta-flag off
set output-meta off

My complete .bashrc is (I have removed only the line beginning by #):

# User dependent .bashrc file

eval 'dircolors -b'
alias whereis=which
alias xterm='xterm -sl 5000'

# Requis pour accent francais dans certaines applications
alias less='less -r'
alias ls='ls -F --color=tty --show-control-chars'
export LANG="fr"
export LC_ALL="fr_CA"
export LC_CTYPE="iso-8859-1"
export OUTPUT_CHARSET="iso-8859-1"
export LESSCHARSET="iso8859"
# Requis lorsque la dedection automatique de Xwin ne fonctionne pas
setxkbmap ca_enhanced