rsync package version in Cygwin

Hello,

My apologies if this is a dumb question. I did look in both the cygwin
and cygwin-apps mailing list archives for this information, and also
tried Googling for it but could not find an answer.

I'm wondering why the release of rsync that is in the current Cygwin
setup is only 2.6.3, when 2.6.4 was released on March 30, 2005 and
2.6.5 was released on June 1, 2005. Rsync is even at 2.6.6pre1 now (I
got the announcement today via rsync-announce).

I'm not "complaining" per se since I realize that Cygwin is
community-driven by (mostly? all?) unpaid contributors, but rather
curious as to why there continues to be a lag in the release. In fact,
unless I'm going crazy (which could very well be the case) I thought
that Cygwin included rsync 2.6.4 at some point but has since gone back
to 2.6.3.

Can anyone please shed some light on this issue? Who is the rsync
package maintainer (if there is one, even unofficially) for the Cygwin
project? Thanks very much.

Herman