status of libtiff?

Hi,
I'm trying to figure out why the libtiff library in the cygwin distribution is so old (v3.7.0beta2-1 vs the current release 3.7.3). Does it need to be put into cygwin by a libtiff developer or does someone in this group handle installing the updates?

I'm not one of the core developers on the libtiff project, but I could probably figure out how to bundle up the code for cygwin if that is what's required.

Thom

OBTW, The 3.7.3 source compiles with no problem under cygwin on my Win2K and WinXP computers.

-- Thom DeCarlo -=-=- --------------------------------- /~\ The ASCII \ / Ribbon Campaign X Against HTML / \ Email!