Re: I updated cygwin today and discovered something that made me glad

Mikael wrote:

So, I updated my cygwin installation today (something I hadn't done for a few weeks or so) to get the latest version of cygwin itself, but I was also interested in the new version of bash.
During the updating process some other programs were updated since new (stable) versions were availabe and I was very suprised (and glad!) to see the old gcc 3.3.3 being replaced with the much fresher version 3.4.4. But when was that version released as stable for cygwin? I must've missed the announcement or I would've upgraded as soon as it was available.

I have not sent an announcement yet.

I love cygwin and the tools ported to it. I wish I was a more knowledgeable person so I could contribute to the project and just not praise it.

I started with zero knowledge about Cygwin and zero knowledge about programming five years back. Just start now, it is not difficult!

My first packages were for my own use, I'm running Cygwin to do my
work and there were many packages missing which I needed, so I started
to build them myself.

Gerrit