Re: No getline() in stdio.h?

Eric Blake wrote:

According to George Morgan on 7/7/2005 2:12 AM:

Ok, I was reading about the virtues of using getline and then looked in cygwin's
stdio.h and it is not there!  Did it get removed?  Yeah, I found the __getline
but when I changed my C code to use that the linker does not find it.  This is
with cygwin DLL version 1.5.18 and gcc 3.4.4.  Maybe I need to use an older
compiler?

An alternative is to investigate using the gnulib module in your code.
gnulib is currently designed for CVS use only (so there is no cygwin
distribution), but projects like coreutils use gnulib getline() and other
modules to make up for non-standard functions that are missing in various
platform libraries. http://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/

Same approach as libgen? Are dirname() and basename() included?

I would appreciate if at least the included functions could be listed in
the manual. However, it isn't. Do you have the archive handy and if so, would you please dump a list of included symbols
(nm libgnulib.a | grep ' T ')?

Gerrit