Re: Compiling xorg-x11-fonts

Alireza Ghasemi wrote:

> I have downloaded xorg-x11-fonts-6.8 but I don't know how to compile
> it.There is no typical Makefile and no configure script.Please explain me
> step by step how to compile it and get use of X11 in Cygwin.I need X!

1. You sent this to the wrong address.  For X11 questions you should use
the cygwin-xfree <at> cygwin.com mailing list.

2. There is no need to compile anything to use the X server in Cygwin.
Just install the binary packages.  Run setup.exe and select the
"xorg-x11-base" package, which in turn will select all the other
necessary packages.  This is all documented in the Cygwin/X Users Guide:
<http://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/setup-cygwin-x-installing.html>.

3. The particular package, xorg-x11-fonts, cannot be compiled because it
consists of font files and nothing else.  It is only one component of
many that is required to use the X11 server.

Brian