Re: Qestion about Bash Fork Resource Temporily Unavailable for NS2.28 and NS2.27

At 02:05 AM 7/5/2005, Question NS wrote:
>While I install NS2.28, it tells no gcc, but I
>actually installed gcc, and during the installation,
>it said my gcc is not a cross compile, I don't know if
>this is matter. And if it is, which gcc version shall
>I install? I ran the strace.exe command, get the
>following lines, Thank you for support. I look forward
>to your reply.

OK, it appears that I have not been very clear with my
previous response.  Let me see if I can rectify that.
I mentioned strace as one possible avenue to finding the
source of the "Resource temporarily unavailable" message
and perhaps some context.  But I intended that to be a
hopefully helpful option for you to explore on your end
and *perhaps* report some digested portion to the list.
There's really little value to dumping the output of
strace into a mail message and sending it to the list,
especially with little or no context.  Also, in case we're
not connecting on what constitutes a simple, small example,
NS 2.28 does not fit that definition in my view, if you were
thinking it might.  If you can come up with an example of
perhaps a few hundred lines of code or something similar,
that might qualify.  But I'm probably not going to download
the 57MB or so of source to try to see if I can reproduce
your problem and I expect others on this list would be
similarly reluctant.

As I expect you're aware (since you're far more familiar with
NS than I am, having been introduced to it by you), there is a
zip of binaries built for Cygwin that you can download and use
directly:

<http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/dist/binary/ns-allinone-2.28-cygwin-binaries.zip>

But, presuming you do want to build from source rather than
use pre-built binaries, I can offer one other suggestion.
You've related 3 different errors, in 4 separate messages
today, that may or may not have Cygwin as the least common
denominator.  So let me ask, do you have any virus program
running?  If so, you may want to try disabling it and perform
your build without it.  It could be causing you these
difficulties too.

Holliston, MA 01746