Re: Freeze in perl script after cygwin upgrade 1.5.17 -> 1.5.18

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 07:59:32AM -0700, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
>On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 10:17:28AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>The malloc implementation in perl was updated to the latest version of
>>Doug Lea's malloc so there is a possibility that this is a malloc bug.
>>However, given that the perl on my linux system routinely trips a
>>"double free" error from my glibc library, my money would be on perl.
>
>What perl version (on linux)?  Do you have a test case?

I used to predictably get it any time I ran 'perl -de 0' so I suspected
that it had something to to with Perl::ReadLine or Perl::ReadKey, i.e.,

http://gentoo-portage.com/dev-lang/perl/bugs

I can't trip it regularly anymore after the above update but I am fairly
certain that I see it every so often at random times.  I really wasn't
thinking of this as fodder for a cygwin problem when it happened so I
wasn't paying too much attention.

OTOH, I could be wrong, since I just noticed YA update for malloc.  It
doesn't seem like the changes in malloc 2.8.2 would have fixed this
problem but a new version of cygwin1.dll is available, regardless.

cgf