Re: Freeze in perl script after cygwin upgrade 1.5.17 -> 1.5.18

Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <sthoenna at efn dot org> wrote:

> What perl version (on linux)?  Do you have a test case?

No, it works fine on Linux. Same script, same Mozilla build, same Perl
version (5.8.6).

I would bet my money that the fault is on cygwin side, especially as
with cygwin 1.5.17, mozilla builds work fine.

Funny thing but it seems this cygwin update fried both OpenOffice and
Mozilla builds on win32 platform.

No, I do not have a test case. I cannot imagine how to create one as
adding or substracting print commands from the perl script cures or kill
it. It is no simple malloc problem (or at least not only that).

Cheerio,

Jacek