Re: Freeze in perl script after cygwin upgrade 1.5.17 -> 1.5.18

On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 05:57:48PM -0400, Volker Quetschke wrote:
>Stop wasting your precious time complaining about my useless strace.

You know, oddly enough, the only mention of "time" in my previous
message was to suggest a more economical use of a bug reporter's time --
assuming that the bug reporter was willing to produce a test case which
it seemed like you were.

I wasn't complaining about my precious time.  I was trying to point out
why it is more profitable to spend time working on a test case than it
is to inspect hundreds of lines of strace output and then take a guess
at sending what you think might be appropriate.

That was certainly true in this case since, as you pointed out, you just
sent the lines from the strace which illustrated that you were running
the program which your perl script intended to run.  There was no
indication of a hang in what you sent, at least as far as I could tell.

cgf