Re: Freeze in perl script after cygwin upgrade 1.5.17 -> 1.5.18

Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
[...]

>We normally do trust that people who report problems are actually having
>problems and having multiple people report that they have the same
>problem with no additional debugging details beyond "it dies for me when
>I run this other big application" is not generally going to be useful.

Thank you for using so much bandwidth teaching me about good bug
reports. However, I believe I already knew most of the stuff as I've
written over 50 bug reports for mozilla.org since 2001.

You completely missed the point of my message which was: "I see a
similar problem (as far as I cen tell). I want to help but I'm not sure
what I should provide (and whether at all)".

Not to waste precious electrons with another pointless message, I'll add
that unlike the reporter who used Windows XP I bumped into a perl
related 1.5.18 problem with Windows ME. This may further suggest it's
pretty wide problem but we see only its two small over-water peaks. Off
course it may also compell you to sent a new long messages telling me I
see a different problem and therefore waste priceless resources of
cygwin developers <sigh>.

Have a good July 4th,

Jacek