Re: arch & has there been a change in automatic .exe unlinking?

> As you can see, removing ./a without specifying the .exe suffix doesn't
> work. However, I am have strong recollections of this being
> par-the-course for cygwin previously. Has there been a change.

rm was temporarily changed in coreutils-5.3.0-4 to automatically append
.exe, but that attempt caused regressions in libtool and was quickly
reverted.  I am still toying with the idea of adding a command line option
(that you could make default using an alias or function in interactive
shells, but which would not change behavior for scripts), but it will not
be in the soon-to-be-released coreutils-5.3.0-7.

> This behaviour results in difficulty in building GNU arch.

Then it is an upstream bug in arch.  Packages using autoconf already
have $(EXEEXT) available for use in makefiles, and should religiously
append it to all non-script executables they mention.  Automake takes
care of a lot of this for you, too.

> Cygwin Configuration Diagnostics
> Current System Time: Sun Jul 03 12:42:37 2005

The directions state to ATTACH the cygcheck output so as to avoid false
hits in archive searches.

--
Eric Blake