From: Igor Pechtchanski [mailto:pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu]
Sent: Sunday, 3 July 2005 1:15 AM
To: John Ypsilantis
Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Shmget() fails when run within a program that is started by
inetd. Has anyone else encountered this?

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005, John Ypsilantis wrote:

> I have come across what may be a problem with the interaction of the
> shared memory subsystem with networking code that is run up by inetd.
> The following program runs to completion when started interactively
> and under (x)inetd control for FC3. While it also runs to completion
> when started interactively under Cygwin, it crashes silently within
> the
> shmget() call when it is run up under inetd.
>
> The program should be run on a system with shared segment with key=1
> absent.

How is inetd installed as service?  Does that service have CYGWIN=server
in its environment?
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT