From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf Of
Siegfried Heintze
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 6:10 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: RE: cron issue: The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source (
/usr/sbin/cron ) cannot be found

I'm having similar troubles. I have read the cron.README file. I installed
cron some time ago. I believe I used the command described in cron.README. I
see there are several cron.exes running on my system when I look at the
process list. Should there be?

 Here is one of the many entries in the event viewer.

I need some help interpreting this:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( /usr/sbin/cron ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be
able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
Support for details. The following information is part of the event:
/usr/sbin/cron : PID 1836 : (Siegfried) CMD (/c/Perl/bin/perl
/c/WinOOP/Perl/bots/yahoo/finance/crawl-hot-jobs.pl /GUI=NONE /sleep=60
/threads=8 >`date +").

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?
Thanks,
Siegfried