RE: stat file -- cygwin vs. Windows size?

Thanks folks -- the confirmation that I was on the right
path was a big help.

The suggestions to "do it right" were well intentioned
but impractical since I didn't want to take over support
for TWO major software packages (or either one for that
matter.)

A small patch seems to work.  (Keep the bytes spooled
and send that number rather than whatever stat was
showing.)

Since the bytes spooled to the file are what gets sent
to spamd that seems to be an accurate number.

I had a little trouble at first since it seemed the
file was cached (if it was "written" more than once
it really was only written to disk ONE TIME -- so
zero'ing the counter in the wrong place was hosing
my first naive attempt.

--
Herb