cygwin crashes after every ~ 10th command and starts up only every ~ 4th try...

Hi,

Since a couple of hours cygwin crashes all the time on my windows nt computer. In order to restart cygwin I have to execute the xserver batch file several times until finally an xterm shows up. The same xterm than crashes after only a couple of commands - for example 10 executions of 'ls'. I updated cygwin and also tried to reboot my computer, but the problem remains...

I had a somehow similar problem a couple of months ago when I tried to copy files recursively or used the find command. Also since a couple of months emacs crashes on a regular basis complaining not to be able to connect to the xserver.

But never the problem has been as bad as now. I am unable to use cygwin at all - and as cygwin for me is the only comfortable way to use windows I am unable to do anything at all :( ( Here comes a very big "Thank you" to those guys developing cygwin - cygwin is the only thing I really like about Windows :)

Could it be that the crashes are related to a mapped windows drive I am linking to from my home directory?

I am sure I am not the first person asking this question and I know about the naiveness and clumsiness of this mail. Still, I don't have any idea how to deal with this problem and couldn't find any way out of this situation by myself.

Thanks for any answer, best wishes, Dietrich