Re: Re: Error piping data through a cygwin command using rsh (write system call fail)

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 10:18:44, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Did you try gzip -c ?

Hi Corinna.

I've just tried adding the -c option; it does not change anything. Actually,
I believe the -c option is default for gzip when no filenames are given as
parameters.

Also, the data leaves gzip without problems when piped through the pipeline
program, and the pipeline program then gets the error instead, which
indicates to me, that the error is not in the gzip program. It must be in
the system code behind the write call (since write actually returns a return
value that is not legal compared to the write call man page).

-- Soeren Hansen