Re: pthreads, cygwin and pthread_mutex_lock not blocking

On Jun 8, 2005, at 7:42 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

On Jun 7 10:22, Peter Rehley wrote:
Any comments about this?

On Jun 2, 2005, at 11:22 AM, Peter Rehley wrote:

Here is a patch to thread.cc that allows _lock to process signals.
The patch is against the 1.178 version of thread.cc found in cvs.

Thanks for the patch, but it's big enough to require a copyright assignment, unfortunately. See http://cygwin.com/contrib.html.
hmm, I'm not certain that it really needs a copyright assignment. The code is basically taken from the pthread::join function and then modified slightly to work in the lock context. It just looks big because it's new to lock :)

Since cgf hasn't had a look into your patch so far, he's not tainted and will come up with a self-written patch to fix this problem for now.
ahh yes. I understand.

However, if you would be interested to contribute to the Cygwin DLL, I'd be glad to receive your copyright assignment at one point.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com

Enjoy,
Peter