cygwin.bat fails with "WFMO failed waiting for cygthread 'WnetGetResourceInformation'

All,

My XP machine is currently unable to connect to my Windows domain before logging in. Windows uses cached information to accept my domain login. I then VPN to my domain, and life is good.

If my VPN connection is established, then Cygwin works just fine. If, however, I am not connected to my VPN, then I see the message:

C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe (1672): *** WFMO failed waiting for cygthread 'WnetGetResourceInformation'

This behavior is different than on previous versions of Cygwin - I could launch bash(cygwin.bat) just fine whether or not I was connected to the domain.

If this change is intentional, then I would like to discuss the matter. Are you really beefing up security by not allowing me to run bash & the cygwin subsystem? Even though Windows accepts the login and will let me run anything else that doesn't require Domain resources?

Result of 'uname -a' is

CYGWIN_NT-5.1 hartt 1.5.17(0.129/4/2) 2005-05-25 19:38 i686 unknown unknown Cygwin

cygwin.bat has not been altered.