Building a common cygwin enviroment for network distribution

Greetings! First off, thanks to all for Cygwin - this is a great system that saves us massive amounts of time. I'm currently preparing to deploy Cygwin to replace some commercial tools on our network. I have everything working the way I want on my machine, and would like to "capture" this configuration for deployment. I've built an NSIS installer taht copies all the files and creates all the necessary icons - however things are not functioning as expected. For example, launching xterm.exe spawns an empty DOS box before the xterm comes up and the DOS box doesn't go away until the xterm is closed. Also, most of the binaries don't work unless you specify an absolute path.

I'm sure this problem has been encoutered before - and if I'm lucky solved. If there is an existing way to do this, I would appreciate any information. If there is not an exisiting way, I'll be happy to share my NSIS scripts with the community. I've looked around the Cygwin site for information on installation that doesn't use the supplied setup.exe, and I've found a lot of "you on your own" so I'm hoping to get some help here. Thanks!

--
   -Carl Perry       TICOM Geomatics, Inc.
   cperry@ticom-geo.com  512/345-5006x428