Re: EXEC

Emile wrote:

Hi!

I've a problem during cygwin use.

CommandS "ls","d" or "dir"(oTherS .exe file) and "exec ls","exec d"
(oTherS .exe files in /bin)are not understanding.

And when I try to run some command using:
"exec /bin/ls" (For example) command prompt
exiting! Why does it exit???

When you use exec /bin/ls you are saying "Replace the currently executing program (your shell) with what follows". So then /bin/ls replaces /bin/bash and executes listing the contents of the current directory. Having finished its job /bin/ls also exits thus closing your window. This is working exactly as designed.

How can I fix it?

You can't because it is working as it should be.

And how can I make all commands like
"ls -la", "cat" and others understanding(executabling) without "exec"???

Those commands should also be working, assuming you have /bin in your PATH environment variable.

As Larry says, you should follow the instructions at http://cygwin.com/problems.html to make sure your environment is properly set up.

P.S. excuse my English pls :)

Reply to me ANYWAY

mailto:emile85@mail.ru or
mailto:emile@ok.kz

--
There is one thing I would break up over and that is if she caught me with another woman. I wouldn't stand for that. - Steve Martin