Re: clamwin installs incompatible copy of cygwin1.dll

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 09:31:50AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>The idea of a "third party packager's guide" sounds good to me.  I'd
>rather have third parties not to pack Cygwin in their packages at all
>and to point the user to install Cygwin from cygwin.com instead, but I
>guess that's rather unrealistically.

The problem with a "third party packager's guide" is that it would have
to be written by a third party who understands the whole deal.  I'm not
aware of anyone actually trying to do this right.

OTOH, perhaps I'm oversimplifying things, but it seems like this thread
went on for quite a while after the simple "delete the nonstandard DLL"
advice was given.  I don't see how any advice is going to be useful if
it isn't followed.

cgf