Re: Program launched under rxvt asks for user input in original prompt

"Brian Dessent" wrote:
> Mikael wrote:
>
>> Thanks Brian, I guess I'll just launch these programs from an ordinary
>> command line shell then.
>> As for building the client-only side of MySQL for Cygwin, that still
>> doesn't
>> work ootb because term.c in the mysql source insists on including both
>> termcap.h and (n?)curses.h, and, as you know, those are mutually
>> exclusive
>> (at least on cygwin). When I have the mysql client successfully running
>> under cygwin I will celebrate.
>
> Eh?  If you search the list archives, Gerrit P. Haase has had build
> instructions for the 4.x client binaries for at least a year.  I think
> he even has them packaged at a URL you can point setup.exe to.  I can't
> seem to access his site anfaenger.de at the moment though.
>
> I just tried building the client binaries from 5.0.3 and it compiled
> cleanly out of the box.  It died trying to build one of the files in the
> 'tests' dir but it built a working libmysql and client binaries.  I used
> "./configure -C
> --without-{server,docs,man,bench,readline,debug,extra-tools}
> --with-openssl && make".
>
> Brian

I tried again with your configure options (previously I simply
had --without-server) and guess, what: compilation still fails with the
following error:
In file included from term.c:62:
/usr/include/curses.h:717: error: conflicting types for `tparm'
/usr/include/termcap.h:49: error: previous declaration of `tparm'

*sigh*

/ M