Re: rxvt problem: Prompt doesn't look very nice

Michael Mauger wrote:
If you are using Emacs >=21.1; try the following elisp
   (add-hook 'comint-mode-hook 'ansi-color-for-comint-mode-on)

You should see the colors properly in emacs. (Essentially Emacs interprets the escape sequences and emulates them with the appropriate emacs features.)

How silly of me, to imagine there was something that couldn't be done in Emacs:-) Duly noted and entered into my .emacs. Thanks!

--
Jonathan Arnold     (mailto:jdarnold@buddydog.org)
Amazing Developments       http://www.buddydog.org

I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages. -
 William H. Mauldin