RE: Problem uninstalling/deleting cygwin

    Hi Neven,

  Dunno what's gone wrong here.  Let's take a look at those ACLs: open a DOS
prompt, change dir into <cygwin_root>\usr\autotool\bin and show us the output
from

cacls automake.lnk

  It would be good to make _sure_ you're logged in with the same user name when
trying to delete it as you were when you installed it, particularly if you ran
setup.exe with the "Install.... Just for me" option.

> This subject is really off-topic for this list.  The "cygwin
> time machine" is not a service supported by this list.

  Larry, you're being too harsh there!  The "how to uninstall" procedure is
standard advice and fully backwardly compatible.  If we would give the uninstall
advice to someone who never upgraded beyone 1.3.x, there's no reason not to give
it to someone who has downgraded; we wouldn't tell the first person "Oh,
uninstalling 1.3.x is not supported, so first update your entire installation to
1.5.12, then follow this procedure.....", now would we?

> As mentioned at
> <http://www.fruitbat.org/Cygwin/index.html#cygwincirca>, you want to
> consult doctor@OHHH_PLEASE_

  Please Configure Your Fingers To Not Quote Raw Email Addresses In Your