Re: gnome-vfs problems with XP SP2

Walter Landry wrote:

As I mentioned in another message, I managed to get gnome-vfs working
by removing all traces of gconfd.  However, I have to do this
periodically, because gconfd hangs around too long.  If I run my
program, then gconfd doesn't exit when the program exits.  So when I
exit cygwin and log out, gconfd leaves around stale locks.  Am I doing
something wrong?

No, this is one problem remaining with gconfd, I use a startup script to start the desktop which kills gconfd if it doesn't shutdown when the desktop is closed and removes the lockfiles before starting up anything.

Gerrit -- =^..^=