Re: DLL's

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 03:15:32PM +0100, Barthel, Mattias wrote:
>I am compiling stuff on cygwin but with -mno-cygwin to make the
>produced software independent of cygwin itself.
>
>The DLL's that you can download from the setup of cygwin are all
>dependent of cygwin1.dll?

Of course!

>I would like to use for example lcms that you can install directly over
>the network from cygwin's webpage.

It sounds like you're looking for the MinGW project: http://www.mingw.org/ .

This is the Cygwin project.  We're devoted to getting programs running
using cygwin1.dll.  While we provide the limited ability to create
programs that don't use this DLL, if you need detailed advice on getting
things working without it, you should use the project that is set up for
this purpose.