Re: Obscene Content Tiebreaker

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 08:37:57AM +0000, Cliff Hones wrote:
> Kaz Kylheku wrote:
>
> >> A twit hit a free software mailing list.
> >> On censoring fortune he did insist.
> >> ``Can't have limericks about ******* and *****!''
> >> A few clicks Googled him out a masochist!
>
> I don't think this is a limerick, though, which rather
> spoils the joke.
>
> A limerick has 5 lines with a metre as follows:
>
> De dah dah de dah dah de dah
> De dah dah de dah dah de dah
>   De dah dah dah dah
>   De dah dah dah dah
> De dah dah de dah dah de dah

I read up on the history of limericks a few years ago, and the whole
form is actually fairly new.  IIRC, the now-standard 5 line presentation
was preceeded by looser 4 or 5 line forms.

But the above doesn't read well; perhaps:

``'Bout ******* and *****, can't have limericks!''
Googling soon found him to be a masochist.