Re: Cygserver 100% CPU

On Dec 22 19:18, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Dec 22 08:03, Patrick Samson wrote:
> > Corinna,
> > I just want to make sure you didn't miss my post
> > in november, about this same subject:
> > http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2004-11/msg00749.html
> > If you read it and didn't have anything to suggest
> > it's fine for me and sorry for this remainder.
> > If you didn't, please have a look.
> > I don't know enough about priorities in thread
> > management, so I need some clues to progress in
> > the debugging.
>
> I didn't read the original message due to my vacation.  I'm going to
> have a look into this in the next couple of days.  What would be
> really helpful, though, would be a simple standalone testcase.

I've checked in a patch which uses a somewhat more complicated
synchronization method in msleep.  The testsuite testcases still
work as expected but I would like to get some feedback on your issue.
Please test cygserver from the next Cygwin snapshot or build your
own.  Does the new code help or at least change anything?

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.