chmod on named pipes

Hi,

I'm trying to get a program running on Cygwin, but this program depends
on being able to change permissions on a named pipe. chmod doesn't
actually seem to work for this, but it doesn't return nonzero either.

>From what I can see, the mode argument in the initial mkfifo call is
respected, but I can't actually change the mode after it's been created.

Is this a known limitation, or am I missing something? I also tried
looking at the cygwin dll source to see how chmod is implemented, but
haven't had much luck finding the right spot as of yet (if it's even in
that particular package), so any pointers there would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeremy