Re: Piping output from sqlplus

Bakken, Luke wrote:
I need a korn shell that will handle the windows-like path names
(pdksh),  and where "read" executes in the same shell that called it
(ksh '93).

Keep wishing. There are other ways of doing what you need to do with
sqlplus without using a pipe and read.

I have dozen's of ksh scripts already written and running on other platforms. I'm not going to change them all just to accomodate a weakness in Cygwin, or more precisely pdksh.