Re: Limitation in SCP?

I suppose it could be related to the XP piping problem, but I only have NT and W2K.  All I can really say is that it never happens (to me, anyway) on NT.  It certainly sounds like what others have described on XP.

The transfer that fails is a "pull" whether I'm using scp (which fails) or the tar-to-tar method (which doesn't).  It kind of has to be that way, too, because I can't be sure that sshd will always be running on the destination end to support a "push" mode of operation.

--
GPG public key <bsmart@blorch.org> available from public key server
network or from www.blorch.org/bob

Fingerprint BA4A 552C BE3D 8C40 ED76 F372 DF9E 320D 37FA 16AC