Re: A vexing installation problem

I too have been experiencing this whole problem on a hp DL360G3 server that
up until recently was happily running Cygwin and SSH. When I did a Cygwin
update about a fortnight ago I didn't notice anything was wrong until I
rebooted the server. Then SSH would not start. As it turns out, nearly all
the Cygwin binaries will not start, including sh, bash, mkpasswd, mkgroup.
The strace command works though and I was able to 'strace sh.exe', it always
exits at this point:

66017 13081760 [main] sh 3808 sigproc_init: process/signal handling
enabled(1)

A reinstall from scratch [after rebooting] makes no difference, and the
post-install scripts all fail because sh is not running correctly. While it
has successfully started once since this problem occurred, after the next
reboot it failed again and I haven't been able to get it running ever since.

What was the last version of Cygwin before signal handling was enabled? I
will have to go back to that version if it's possible.

Thanks,

Matt Ross