This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
uw-imap & Cygwin secrets revealed, at least a bit!
- From: Christian Weinberger <christian dot weinberger at directbox dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 06:38:58 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: uw-imap & Cygwin secrets revealed, at least a bit!
The initial problem was:
- uw-imap on cygwin ran well with Outlook Express
- but hung upon connection when using Outlook 2003
In the end I made it to get it work with the following workaround:
In inetd.conf, I donÂt start the daemon directly, but use the following wrapper
tee NUL | /usr/sbin/imapd
This slows down communication a bit, but I can connect and had no more hangs up
till now. So the original problem seems to be timing specific.
My guesses are:
- the cygwin port of uw-imap may have a problem here. I couldnÂt find any
similar error reports for any other platform uw-imap is running on.
- cygwin causes the problem itself
- inetd is out of the line since I also tested with xinetd and had similar
IÂd be glad to assist one of the "gurus" going deeper into this.
Even more, IÂd like to invest more time again to debug it myself, but my gdb
knowledge is non-existing. If someone would show me how to start, the I
definitely would do so. My concern is that usual debugging approaches will fail
because of the timing related cause of the problem.
Thanks to all of you so far!
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html