Re: Manual page width is fixed and I'd like it not to be

Again, <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  Thanks.

> Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 6:30 PM
> Subject: Re: Manual page width is fixed and I'd like it not to be
>
> > On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Raye Raskin wrote:

Some more info.  The problem is not with man, it's with nroff.  Version
1.18.1 of groff (which we have in Cygwin, and which I have on my RedHat 9
machine) seems to ignore the ".ll" directive that man sends it.  Version
1.17.2, which comes with RedHat 7.3, works fine.  This seems to be an
upstream change in behavior, and not Cygwin-specific.  Any further
discussion should probably be taken to a groff list (if there is one).
Hope this helps someone.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT