[OT] RE: scp exits often with -1

  Nor does your strace output.  It does nothing to solve the problem.  It just
sits there unread in several thousand peoples' inboxes.

> So, if you can't or won't help, I prefer no answer.

  You could have gotten _exactly_ that by simply *not* sending 200Kb of strace
to the list.

  Unless anyone specifically asked you for it, you have no reason to assume that
anyone's going to want to plough through it.

  So basically what you've done is say to yourself "I'll just send tons and tons
of stuff (which I know will be of no use or interest to 99.9% of the recipients)
to absolutely everyone in the hopes that it might be relevant to even just one
or two people."

  That's the same approach that spammers take.  It's just plain wrong.

  However we're getting way OT, so if you want to discuss this further, I'm
going to have to ask you to step outside.  While flapping your arms and clucking
like a chicken.  TITTTL!

    cheers,
      DaveK