Re: Problem with setup

Luke Kendall wrote:
On 17 Nov, To: cygwin@cygwin.com wrote:
 The system starts page faulting and the number of
 handles just grows and grows, and eventually setup dies

I can add this:

At the crash point, setup.exe has some 600 open handles and 2 Gb of VM. It's
accumulated 2.5 million page faults.

Wow!

Well, it's not quite as dramatic here, but I can see a good few leaked handles in Process Explorer.

I've committed a fix, but unfortunately, when I begun testing to prepare for a release, I ran into all sorts of nasty problems, including being unable to reinstall Cygwin, having uninstalled it to test setup. I'm going to keep working on it though... after I've completely purged Cygwin from my computer, reinstalled, and set up a VM to do tests in without disrupting my primary machine. Might take a while.

Max.