Re: Problem with setup

On 11 Nov, Bobby McNulty wrote:
>  Guys, theres a major problem with setup.
>  According to the error I just got, setup is not
>  closing any of its files after writing them.
>  I finally got past xorg, and got up to update_info.
>  I'll rerun setup to get a cygcheck.

I can confirm this.  We took a snapshot of October 26th
(setup-timestamp: 1098732614), and in that version of setup, none of
the file handles for any of the temp files of the form (where c:\temp
is your temporary package directory) c:\temp\http%.....\package.tar.bz2
is ever released.  The system starts page faulting and the number of
handles just grows and grows, and eventually setup dies like this:

	Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error
	Runtime Error!
	Program \\samba\install\win32\cygwin\setup.exe
	This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
	unusual way.  Please contact the application's support team for
	more information.

luke