Re: library `/usr/lib/libncurses.la' was moved.

Reini Urban wrote:
Gerrit P. Haase schrieb:

Getting this warning:

libtool: link: warning: library `/usr/lib/libncurses.la' was moved.

$ cat /usr/lib/libncurses.la
[...]
# Directory that this library needs to be installed in:
libdir='/usr/src/ncurses/ncurses-5.4/.inst/usr/lib'

We should really add some kind of .la test to our gbs.
Or maybe into setup.exe, for those people who already have their gbs customized or not using it?

Naah, it is a libtool bug, for sure. Sanity check is good, but it shouldn't be neccessary.

Or provide a gbs-library?
  It would be easier to upgrade then.

I don't get this point. Would you explain, please?

I had a lot such "broken" .la's, which forced me to post my fixups last month of a couple of such .la's. libcurl also.

Wrong libtool version...;)

Gerrit -- =^..^=