Re: Can I launch a graphical windows app from within a cygwin ssh session

Mark Stuhr wrote:

Subject line says it, but let me describe further <g>.

I'm hoping to set cygwin with ssh up on servers so that I can remotely
manage those servers when not able to get in via terminal services or
other graphical remote control app.

What I want to be able to do from within that ssh session includes but is
not limited to

kill a process
net stop or start a service
restart the machine
(I'm pretty comfortable doing all of the above)
launch a windows app that should run on that remote (or host, can never
keep that syntax straight) box.  (In other words a server runs an app most
of the time, but not as a service.  That app needs restarting for whatever
reason and I'm on the road.  I can dial in with my pocketpc and get an ssh
session going to that server, at that point I'd want to kill that app,
easy, then I need to restart that app so it will stay running on that
server even after I disconnect my ssh session.

How do I do that???

VNC through a tunnel?

PS I have googled and searched mailing list and read FAQs and
documentation and tried various tests that I can think of and have seen
nothing on this, so apologies in advance if I'm missing the obvious.

Gerrit -- =^..^=