Re: Also unison/ssh [Re: Win XP SP2: cvs over ssh problems]

Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 04:37:55PM +0200, Robert Schmidt wrote:

On the unison.general mailing list, Mark Rogers reports that replacing
the cygwin1.dll with version 1.5.10 makes unison over ssh work again.

So, I assume that replacing the DLL with version B20 would really supercharge things.

I've been developing commercial software for 15 years (I'm *not* saying that's a lot, just that I'm not a script kiddie). One of my established practices is to narrow down the possible factors contributing to a problem, which includes testing earlier versions.

I don't quite understand the sarcasm here.  Apparently, my comment was
entirely unhelpful, and I apologize for wasting your time.

I'll restrain myself in the future, and will keep learning from the list
how to be helpful without being shot down.

Any follow-ups to this are welcome privately.

Cheers, Rob