RE: How does a script find where Cygwin is installed?

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Dave Korn wrote:

> [...]

Not necessarily.  There may be weird inheritable permissions on C:\, which
will propagate to C:\cygwin, and from there to all of the installed files.
The above is one way of fixing this after the fact.  Arguably, setup.exe
should check for these kinds of problems before creating C:\cygwin on new
installs (<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PTC>).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw