RE: We have a hacker

-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf
Of Fred Kulack
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 1:58 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: RE: We have a hacker

On 08/31/2004 at 01:31:31 PM, cygwin-owner@cygwin.com wrote:
it's spoofing your name because that's one of the email
addresses it snarfed off the local hard drive, there's no hacker, no
viruses
are bein sent on purpose, there's no malicious intent or even any kind
of
intent at all behind it, nobody's after you, there will be no film
at 11 or any other time, and you just flushed a perfectly good email
account for nothing!
--- end of excerpt ---

Don't believe him Bobby. That's what "they" always say to distract and
lull
you into a false sense of security.
You only have minutes now till the storm-troopers come crashing through
your door
because of the embezzling, and other havoc you've caused from that email

account.
Quick, encrypt your hard drive! Better yet, overwrite it 7 times. Its
the
only way to be safe!
Wait a minute.... What's that noise?

Fred

He's using Charter. I know. A friend of mine was getting viruses and
reports from Bellsouth. But our systems are clean. Looking at the email
heading from what he had, the hacker is from Montgomery, Alabama and
uses Charter as his ISP. There already is someone I've seen in person
from this list. I was gone for a week and recognized him at the place
where I at. He and I both were there at the same time. Coincidence? I
think not. Especially when this person had a snobbish behavior. He knows
me from this list. I like Cygwin.
I believe in Cygwin. I eat, sleep and drink Cygwin. I also enjoy Star
Trek and Star Wars. Someone else thinks I have stolen codes. To what?
What stolen codes do I have? I know programming, I have written many
programs in C and BASIC and Assembler on everything from a VIC 20 to
what I have now. I even have experience on main frames, from the days
when you used punch cards.
My card did something to the base computer. No one will tell me. I don't
know what it did. All I did was punch a few holes in a blank card and
handed it back to my scoutmaster. This was 1981. I earned the Computer
Science merit badge. So Yes. I have a reason to be here. I might not
have gone to a university to further the education, but I learned the
rest on my own. I bought every one of those computers. The VIC, the 128,
the Amiga, The Tandy, the 286, the 386, the Compaq Presario and now an
HP.
I'm a programmer, not a hacker as the newspeople reports hacking. I do
my programming by trial and error. I don't break into other computers,
such as users computers or business computers. I am also a LAN
administrator. I try to keep the hackers out. All three have firewalls.
And the hackers can't find them any more.
Bobby