Re: RTLD_DEFAULT & RTLD_NEXT

> * Corinna Vinschen <pbevaan-pltjva@pltjva.pbz> [2004-08-31 21:08:26 +0200]:
>
> On Aug 31 11:24, Sam Steingold wrote:
>> > * Corinna Vinschen <pbevaan-pltjva@pltjva.pbz> [2004-08-31 10:32:58 +0200]:
>> > EnumProcessModules.  This should also allow to implement RTLD_DEFAULT.
>>
>> 2004-08-31  Sam Steingold  <sds@gnu.org>
>>
>> 	* dlfcn.cc (dlsym): Handle RTLD_DEFAULT using EnumProcessModules().
>> 	* include/dlfcn.h (RTLD_DEFAULT): Define to NULL.
>
> thanks but... well, there are a couple of problems:
>
> - Please send patches to cygwin-patches@...
did.

> - Your code doesn't follow the GNU coding style.
yuk!!!

> - EnumProcessModules is NT >= 4 only but not loaded dynamically (see
> autoload.cc) nor tested for non-existance.  Generally,
> EnumProcessModules is called w/o checking the return value.

1. what is "n" in LoadDLLfunc?

2. how do I test for non-existance?

3. the first call to EnumProcessModules is known to fail. it is there
   for that specific reason - to fail and return "needed".

> - This is adding new functionality.  It's not much over the usual 10
> lines rule of thumb for trivial patches, but it's not exactly trivial
> functionality and it will only grow bigger when adding the autoload
> and return value testing code.  I'd like to ask you to read
> http://cygwin.com/contrib.html and send us a copyright assignment if
> possible.

ok.

<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
A computer scientist is someone who fixes things that aren't broken.