Re: RTLD_DEFAULT & RTLD_NEXT

Hi Sam,

On Aug 31 11:24, Sam Steingold wrote:
> > * Corinna Vinschen <pbevaan-pltjva@pltjva.pbz> [2004-08-31 10:32:58 +0200]:
> > EnumProcessModules.  This should also allow to implement RTLD_DEFAULT.
>
> 2004-08-31  Sam Steingold  <sds@gnu.org>
>
> 	* dlfcn.cc (dlsym): Handle RTLD_DEFAULT using EnumProcessModules().
> 	* include/dlfcn.h (RTLD_DEFAULT): Define to NULL.

thanks but... well, there are a couple of problems:

- Please send patches to cygwin-patches@...

- Your code doesn't follow the GNU coding style.

- EnumProcessModules is NT >= 4 only but not loaded dynamically (see
  autoload.cc) nor tested for non-existance.  Generally, EnumProcessModules
  is called w/o checking the return value.

- This is adding new functionality.  It's not much over the usual 10
  lines rule of thumb for trivial patches, but it's not exactly trivial
  functionality and it will only grow bigger when adding the autoload
  and return value testing code.  I'd like to ask you to read
  http://cygwin.com/contrib.html and send us a copyright assignment if
  possible.

Thanks,
Corinna