Re: setup 2.427 problem: Can't get list of download sites

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Hall" <lh-no-personal-replies-please@cygwin.com>
To: "David Shay" <david@shay.net>; <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 11:55 AM
Subject: Re: setup 2.427 problem: Can't get list of download sites
=

> And do the programs that work connect directly or do they use IE settings?
> FWIW, 'setup.exe' does not use 'cygwin1.dll' so it's not simply a problem
> with "Cygwin" programs.

They all connect directly.  I can choose "use IE settings" and I get the
same result.  This is very strange.  No other windows-based networking
programs have any problems at all.  An ethereal trace on setup does show a
DNS lookup and reply for sources.redhat.com, but that is the only traffic at
all related to cygwin setup.  Good point about setup.exe not involving
cygwin1.dll -- not sure what to make of it though.